Back to accessibility links
Key principles for management of surgery during COVID‑19 pandemic
This advice for NSW Health services outlines the key principles for managing surgical procedures to maintain service availability during this emergency period.
- Maintain emergency surgery capability and capacity
- Prioritise urgent elective surgery
- Mobilise and protect the surgical workforce
- Preserve capacity to support the health service COVID-19 response
- Plans are dynamic, and will change as the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds.
Read the guide for more detail.