Back to accessibility links
Including People with Disability
Checklist for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating inclusive policies, programs, procedures and strategies.
- Has the impact on people with disability been considered?
- Has there been an appropriate level of consultation with, or involvement of, people with disability and / or their carers at each stage of planning, development, implementation and evaluation?
- Has expert opinion been sought?
- Are there existing policies, programmes, procedures or strategies which can be reviewed to include reasonable adjustments, rather than develop new or addition ones with a specific focus on disability?
- Does it align with existing policy?
- Does the policy, program, procedure or strategy discuss how it will benefit health outcomes or service delivery for people with disability?
- Has the capacity of mainstream services been enhanced in order to meet the needs of people with disability?