Vocational Intervention Program
The Vocational Intervention Program (VIP) is a specialised employment services for people with traumatic brain injury in NSW; delivered by vocational rehabilitation providers in partnership with the NSW Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program (BIRP) teams.
- Fast Track – early intervention pathway for people with opportunity to return to their pre-injury employer.
- New Track – alternate employment pathway for people seeking re-training and job seeking assistance to obtain new work.
Key elements of the VIP
- Local service partnerships between BIRP and vocational rehabilitation provider teams, to create referral channels, sharing of information and effective case coordination.
- Acquired brain injury specific resources (such as service protocols, assessment tools, report and formats, etc.) which contributed to the development of expertise.
- A client-centred and flexible approach to service delivery.
- Opportunities for knowledge sharing across health, rehabilitation, disability and injury management agencies.