eRIC Program Benefits
- With a focus on clinical safety and evidence based practice; eRIC is expected to contribute to a reduction in mortality rates across the state.
- Purpose-built by NSW clinicians, for NSW clinicians, eRIC is a holistic system that supports clinicians in caring for critically ill patients by reducing the risk of clinical error.
For the hospitals of NSW
- Improved efficiencies in patient flows and work practices with the ability to benchmark across the state.
Many benefits are expected from the state-wide eRIC Program. International evidence and local expertise identified a number of potential benefits, which were further prioritised and distilled.
In June 2016, eRIC Benefits workshops involving key stakeholders validated and confirmed 10 Benefits for the eRIC Program.
- Improved standardised mortality ratio
- Reduced length of stay
- Improved data quality
- Reduced time spent on unnecessary administration
- Improved satisfaction with clinical ward round
- Reduced medication errors
- Reduced bed days associated with adverse drug events
- Reduced adverse events - medication error
- Reduced adverse events - communication error
- Improved venous thromboembolism prophylaxis compliance