ECI Research Priorities
The ECI is committed to applying the following principles when considering all research, project and quality improvement proposals. It is important to ensure that all collaborations or partnerships do not detract from the ability of the ECI / ACI to meet its core business activities.
The ECI has developed assessment criteria but have identified the following research priorities that will be considered by the RAC when assessing requests to participate in collaborative initiatives. These priorities are research that:
- supports and improves the delivery of emergency care services to the population of NSW
- supports and improves health outcomes for patients who receive emergency care in NSW
- is replicable in a variety of emergency care settings
- demonstrates likely sustainability
- occurs in a NSW emergency care setting (this does not preclude national / interstate collaborations)
- addresses health service efficiency and delivery
- addresses quality of care /patient safety
- addresses workforce
- supports equity of access to emergency care services across NSW
- encompasses the translation of research into practice and facilitates evidence based practice in emergency care
- involves at risk populations or situations
- is as a result of themes identified by critical incidents
- is collaborative.