Further References and Resources
Guideline on pathology testing in the Emergency Department, ACEM and RCPA, March 2013
- A Guideline developed by the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) and the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA) to provide guidance on appropriate pathology test requesting in Emergency Departments.
RCPA Manual, The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia,
- This is an online manual that aims to help you understand your clinical problems and pathology tests.
- Simerville, J. et al. (2005) Urinalysis: a comprehensive review, American Family Physician, vol. 71, no. 6, pp. 1153-1162.
- St Emlyn's Blog: Lactate = LactHATE
- Choosing Wisely and Evidence Based Care - Dr Andrea Laracy, Clinical Program Lead, Diagnostics, NPS MedicineWise at the ECI Nursing Leadership Forum 27 May 2016
- Point of care testing: roll out in NSW - Mr Andrew Sargeant at the ECI Emergency Care Symposium 2016
A resource listing tests, treatments, and procedures clinicians and consumers should question. Specific Medical College recommendations: