- PulmCrit - Six myths promoted by the new surviving sepsis guidelines - 30 January 2017
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign Guideline - 2016
- Sterling, SA et al. (2016) The impact of Timing of Antibiotics on Outcomes in Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock: A systematic review and meta analysis, Critical Care Medicine, September 2015, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 1907-1915.
- Medical Xpress: New definitions created for sepsis and septic shock, 22 February 2016
- Choice of fluids in acute illness has been evolving but always drifting back to basic crystalloids as still best. Read this paper for the latest evidence - Choice of fluid in acute illness: what should be given? An international consensus published in the British Journal of Anaesthesia in 2014 by Raghunathan et al.