Emergency – Quality, Education and Safety Teleconference for smaller EDs.
- Do you work in a small rural Emergency Department?
- Would you value the opportunity to discuss challenging cases with other clinicians at sites like yours?
- Maybe brush up on the latest evidence based guidelines?
- And share quality improvement successes from your place of work?
The ECI facilitates the E-QuEST - a monthly teleconference, based on morbidity and mortality style meetings, to address these needs.
The meetings are centred around the presentation of cases with challenging features or adverse outcomes, with analysis of the underlying causes.
This is followed by an educational component – such as discussion of high risk features or red flags – and relevant NSW Health guidelines or policies.
There is also the opportunity to share quality improvement stories that could have benefit in multiple locations.
Topics discussed to date include:
- Red flag / High risk presentation groups such as atypical chest pain, abdominal pain in the elderly, back pain, headache and fever.
- Clinical guidelines and pathways, such as Sepsis Kills and the NSW Health Chest Pain pathway.
- Audits / projects conducted by ECI, such as the acute scrotum project.
Please see the slides from previous meetings below.
Email email@example.com to join the distribution list.
Access is via phone line, web browser or tele-heath hardware.
- 2018 E-QuEST Date To Be Advised