ED Community of Practice COVID-19
COVID-19 Emergency Department Resources
- Under Revision PPE in ED CEC guidance
- New Assessment & Management of COVID-19 in ED guidance
- New Resuscitation in ED during COVID-19 guidance
- New Sedation in ED guidance
- CEC Infection prevention and control – hospital setting
- Case definition
- Advice for healthcare workers, staff, healthcare students and volunteers in NSW Health facilities and in relation to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
The ACI’s Emergency Care Institute (ECI) has formed a community of practice (CoP) to provide an opportunity for sharing of ideas, strategies, local solutions and concerns with respect to COVID-19 Pandemic preparedness.
The Emergency Department CoP (EDCoP) is open to all clinicians involved in delivering care to any patient seeking emergency care in NSW. Membership is open broadly to include all interested NSW Health staff from each LHD and Specialty Health Network, as well as professional colleges, people who use emergency department services in NSW, private providers/clinicians and other non-government organisations.
Community of practice meetings will:
- support clinicians from all districts to network and share strategies, local solutions and issues with respect to pandemic preparedness for respiratory
- identify, prioritise and escalate issues related to COVID-19 which are actually or potentially affecting clinicians providing respiratory care that require a statewide or system response
- review and provide expert clinical advice on guidelines, resources and other information
- share Ministry-approved advice and resources on the response to COVID-19 that can be circulated within all districts and networks.
The COP will meet fortnightly, on Wednesdays from 3-4:30 pm and will be supported and led by Dr Lai Heng Foong and the ECI team.