- To support the delivery of effective patient care.
- To be driven by patient, family and carer experiences.
- To address equity of access and outcome issues and determine priority areas for anaesthesia and perioperative services across NSW, in collaboration with Local Health Districts.
- Implementation of the Minimum Standards for Safe Procedural Sedation.
- Advising on key perioperative principles to support the patient and carer throughout the whole surgical and/or procedural journey.
- Advising NSW Health on minimum requirements for safe sedation.
- Supporting standardisation of competencies for the anaesthetic assistant.
The Network is also exploring possible initiatives relating to green and sustainable operating theatres, extended recovery models of care and supporting the safe removal of central lines.
- Perioperative Care Toolkit, building on the pre-procedure preparation toolkit, including a self assessment tool, patient information booklet and health questionnaires
- Supported sustainability in the Operating Theatres through collaborative education sessions with HealthShare and Local Health Districts
- Minimum Standards for Safe Sedation Toolkit
- Safe Sedation Resources including a self assessment toolkit, observational audit tool, implementation toolkit, learning packages etc.
- Development of Patient and Carer Resources
Anaesthesia & Perioperative Care A/Network Manager
Added: 18 September 2019
Type: PDF File (3.3 MB)
Added: 16 September 2019
Added: 11 September 2019
Added: 10 September 2019
Added: 6 September 2019