Be Pain Smart Clinic
The Agency for Clinical Innovation has developed an integrated chronic pain consultative clinic for people with a Spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury and chronic pain – the Be Pain Smart Clinic.
The children’s service is located at the Children’s Hospital Westmead.
Corner Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
The adults service is located at Royal Rehab
235 Morrison Road, Ryde
Who is this service for?
The service is available for public, NDIS, compensable and Lifetime Care and Support people across NSW who have pain and a spinal cord injury or brain injury.
Telehealth consultations are available for rural and remote people or upon request
The Be Pain Smart Clinic will provide
- A multi-disciplinary pain clinic, staffed by clinicians (doctors, physiotherapist and psychologist) with a specialised background in pain management working together with brain injury or spinal cord injury specialist teams
- A multi-disciplinary pain assessment and management plans for people with chronic pain following a spinal cord injury and/or a moderate/severe traumatic brain injury.
- Consultation and liaison with local GPs, allied health providers and case managers
- The clinic will rotate locations (1 day/week) across the adult Sydney metropolitan and regional TBI and SCI units and provide tele-health combined with site visits to those in rural NSW
- The pain team will provide ad-hoc mentoring and support to NSW clinicians as required.
For more information about the Be Pain Smart Clinic contact the Clinic Manager - Regina Schultz - on 0409 716 387 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded by icare