To collect and assess data about current processes for managing older people with confusion at your local site.
During this phase, the team will need to collect data from a number of sources to identify and prioritise key issues or gaps in current practice.
- Undertake baseline data collection using suggested tools:
- CHOPs Medical record audit
- CHOPs Patient Experience Trackers (PETs) for carers
- CHOPs Environmental audit
- Staff knowledge and attitude questionnaire (Care of Confused Older people staff survey)
- Additional qualitative data can be collected through staff and carer focus groups
- Use A3 Diagnostic reporting tool to present the results
- Identify issues or gaps in current management against the key principles
- Prioritise issues or gaps in practice based on diagnostic results
- Communicate the need for change