Consumer Enablement Spotlight Series
The Consumer Enablement Spotlight Series is an online webinar that aims to shine a light on different consumer enablement interventions or approaches.
At each webinar a different intervention or approach will be highlighted, with guest speakers invited to present on the theory behind the intervention, best practice examples, and insights into successful application.
The upcoming Spotlight Series will focus on Shared Decision Making. Shared Decision Making is a process where the clinician and consumer (and their family, partner or carer) make health decisions together.
What is consumer enablement?
Consumer enablement is the extent to which people understand their health conditions and have the confidence, skills, knowledge and ability to manage their health and wellbeing. There are a number of ways we can help people become true partners in their own care, working in collaboration with health professionals to understand their health, manage their symptoms and navigate a complex health system.
To learn more about consumer enablement visit the Consumer Enablement Guide.
The Spotlight Series Webinars are open to anyone interested in consumer enablement and wanting to learn more about the approaches and interventions that are guide enablement and improve self-management outcomes. We encourage all clinicians and their managers across the state, government, non-government or private organisations with an interest in consumer enablement to connect in.
This is a free event.
9am - 12pm Tuesday 11 June 2019.
How to join
Desktop computer or laptop
Equipment needed: webcam and headset (a headset is preferred in a shared office).
- Open Chrome Browser and enter this address into the address bar: https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au
- Enter your name, the Room ID (4603248) and select the “guest” role.
- You can also copy the following the link below and paste into the Chrome Browser or if Chrome is your default browser click on the direct link below: https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au/webapp/#/?conference=4603248
Room based video conferencing
- Local Health Districts and internal NSW Health video conferencing endpoints can dial into the meeting by dialing: 4603248
- If you are dialing in externally to the NSW Health Network enter this address into the address bar to join the meeting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can join a meeting via phone by dialing: 02 9842 2500 and entering this pin: 4603248#
- This will be audio only, you will not be able to see the presentations.
Skype for Business
A Skype user with a @health.nsw.gov.au address can dial email@example.com into the Skype search bar