Consumer Enablement Spotlight Series
The Consumer Enablement Spotlight Series is an online webinar that aims to shine a light on different consumer enablement interventions or approaches.
At each webinar a different intervention or approach will be highlighted, with guest speakers invited to present on the theory behind the intervention, best practice examples, and insights into successful application.
The upcoming Spotlight Series will look at how we talk to our patients, focusing on Health Coaching.
What is consumer enablement?
Consumer enablement is the extent to which people understand their health conditions and have the confidence, skills, knowledge and ability to manage their health and wellbeing. There are a number of ways we can help people become true partners in their own care, working in collaboration with health professionals to understand their health, manage their symptoms and navigate a complex health system.
To learn more about consumer enablement visit the Consumer Enablement Guide.
The Spotlight Series Webinars are open to anyone interested in consumer enablement and wanting to learn more about the approaches and interventions that are guide enablement and improve self-management outcomes. We encourage all clinicians and their managers across the state, government, non-government or private organisations with an interest in consumer enablement to connect in.
This is a free event.
9.00 AM – 11.00 AM Wednesday 25 September 2019.
How to join
The live stream will be available for NSW Health staff (LHDs, Pillars and Ministry).
Click on a link below to connect and login using your Stafflink number and password:
Please note that live streaming usually works best with Internet Explorer, however if you have any difficulty connecting, try a different browser such as Chrome.
Viewers external to NSW Health please connect to the virtual meeting room via room based videoconferencing or desktop or laptop computer using the details below.
Room based video conferencing
Due to limits on the number of people that can be dialled into the virtual meeting room at one time participants who wish to join via videoconference are encouraged to book a room at their workplace and watch the webinar with colleagues. This will help to reduce the number of individual logins, freeing up space in the virtual meeting room.
- Local Health Districts and internal NSW Health video conferencing endpoints can dial into the meeting by dialling: 4285741
- If you are dialling in externally to the NSW Health Network enter this address into the address bar to join the meeting: email@example.com
Desktop computer or laptop
Equipment needed: webcam and headset (a headset is preferred in a shared office).
- Open browser (videoconferencing usually works best with Chrome) and enter this address into the address bar: https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au
- Enter your name, the Room ID (4285741) and select the “guest” role.
- You can also copy the following the link below and paste into the Chrome Browser or if Chrome is your default browser click on the direct link below: https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au/webapp/#/?conference=4285741
- You can join the webinar via phone by dialling: 02 9842 2500 and entering this pin: 4285741#
- This will be audio only, you will not be able to see the presentations.
Skype for Business