SMART STROKES 2013 - 9th Australasian Nursing & Allied Health Stroke Conference
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Book your flights, apply for leave, call up your Brisbane friends – and get ready for SMART STROKES 2013 – the very best Australasian Nursing and Allied Health Stroke Conference yet!
We have got a great program for you this year... some of our highlights are:
WEDNESDAY, 21 AUGUST 2013
Pre-Conference Workshop by Maggie-Lee Huckabee: Increasing specificity of clinical swallowing assessment
THURSDAY, 22 AUGUST 2013
International Keynote Ian Kneebone: Mood disorders after stroke
Australasian Keynote Ferdi Miteff: Acute stroke treatment – a neurointerventional perspective
Concurrent oral abstract presentations, as well as Symposia sessions:
- Symposium by Matthew Yau: Enabling love + intimacy after stroke
- Acute Stroke Nurses Education Network (ASNEN)
- Symposium by Maggie-Lee Huckabee: The complexities of pharyngeal pathophysiology
- Symposium with Ferdi Miteff: The practicalities of delivering thrombolysis
- Symposium: Practical ways to increase practice
- Symposium: Community – Living well
- Symposium: Maximizing recovery after stroke
FRIDAY, 23 AUGUST 2013
International Keynote Maggie-Lee Huckabee: Cough reflex testing in clinical dysphagia assessment
Australasian Keynote Matthew Yau: Being smart and fulfilled – love, sex and intimacy after stroke
Concurrent oral abstract presentations, as well as Symposia/Workshop sessions:
- Workshop by Ian Kneebone: Fear of falling – psychological management after stroke
- Symposium: Use of technology in stroke
And, traditionally, saving the best till last:
- Consumer Address
- Presentation of best abstracts – new investigator, best implementation, most controversial, best research, and best oral poster
- International Keynote Ian Kneebone: Stepped psychological care after stroke
- Conference wrap up and prizes
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL OPEN MONDAY, 15 APRIL 2013 – find all details on the SMART STROKES 2013 website www.smartstrokes.com.au.
Scholarship applications are still open until Monday, 25 March 2013.
We look forward to seeing you in Brisbane in August.