This is the end of Episode 5!
It is hoped that you have gained information on the importance of attending school despite your chronic pain and have learned some strategies for managing pain while at school.
In particular you should have a better understanding about:
- How pain can make school more challenging
- Why it is important to attend school despite pain
- Pain management strategies to use at school
- How to concentrate at school
- How to manage school work
- How to get around the school environment
- What to tell your friends about pain
- How to stay connected
You should also have developed some skills in:
- Recognising the ways in which your pain can make school challenging
- Identifying the benefits of attending school even when you have pain
- Selecting and using management techniques appropriate for your pain and situation
- Identifying a good sleep environment
- Identifying how pain impacts on your daily activities
- Writing a timetable
- Identifying and planning strategies to help you move around the school environment
Take a break now, and take some time to think about what you can do to make your experience at school better. We would like to know if you found the information in this episode useful, so please fill in the feedback questions below. Thank you!